Brazos VIP Media's (979ads.com) daily deal and coupon sites, 365DealsforU.com and BrazosVIP.com have collectively raised $10,657 for Brazos Valley Charities since the launch of their first site in April 2011.
- $1,290 to CARPOOL
- $1,200 to Still Creek Ranch
- $1,080 to Twin City Mission
- $1,030 to Habitat for Humanity
- $1,005 to Boys & Girls Club of the Brazos Valley
- $930 to A Night Out in BCS (CS Shooting Victims / West, TX Explosion)
- $825 to Scotty's House
- $590 to American Red Cross for Bastrop Fires
- $475 to Brazos Valley Food Bank
- $435 to Aggieland Humane Society
- $425 to St. Michael's School
- $400 to Save the Queen - Downtown Bryan Association
- $312 to Central Texas Orphan Mission Alliance
- $250 to TAMU Parents Weekend
- $215 to American Red Cross for Japan Earthquakes
- $85 to Brazos Valley Crime Stoppers
- $60 to MHMR Authority of the Brazos Valley
- $50 to Project Sunshine
Contributions have been made to the nonprofits primatily through the popular "give/get" promotions on the deal sites where a site user's contribution is matched or even doubled with site credit that they can spend on deals for local businesses. Some contributions were also in the form of sponsorships and promotions where a percentage of sales for a specific deal or period of time was contributed to organizations like CARPOOL or Twin City Mission's Phoebe's Home.
The impetus for the contributiuons is one the core values that Brazos VIP Media was built on: Social Profit. As articualted by Dr. Leonard Berry of Texas A&M University social profit means "Good works are not just a result of economic profit, but a producer of it." Giving back to our community and helping publicize great local causes has not only paid dividends in the warm and fuzzies we feel working for Brazos VIP, it has paid off in sales. The best marketing time and dollars we have invested for our online deal sites have been our charity partnerships and our "give/get" deals.
We are thankful to the many great organizations that serve our community and for our site's customers and merchants who make it possible for Brazos VIP Media to contribute to their good works in a meaningful way.